Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Finally Happened...


It's over. It's official.

Advertising doesn't move me anymore.
It's been such a long, long time since an ad motivated me one iota.
Products? Yes, especially when the marketing got neatly out of the way.
Ideas? Films, books, music?
Absolutely.
The image layer that agencies and marketers have placed between us and products and services has fully withered and dried up, fallen away and is now grey dust to me and many others.
Award books do nothing for me anymore. I'm still greatly inspired towards creativity, beauty and progressive ideas, but for me, it needs to be direct, first-hand and experiential, startling facts, news, policies, movements, cultural/social change, etc.

Time for serious new ideas.

And by the way, I have plenty. ; ) Just ask.

No comments: